I feel dirty.
Up until now, despite the fact I do believe in democracy I would have been quite content not to cross the doorstep on polling day. I really have nothing to particularly make me want to vote Labour given their recent track record. On the other hand, I was brought up in Thatcherite Scotland, so I can never in this lifetime imagine voting Tory. Voting for LibDem who seem to always come third in a first past the post system, well, that always seemed a wasted vote.
Now I have to make up my mind because today I got a leaflet through the letterbox from the BNP. So now I have to vote if for not other reason than the vote against them.
Oh, in case you wonder what I did with their nice glossy leaflet, I burned it, but just the fact that it was in my house is still making my skin crawl.
Up until now, despite the fact I do believe in democracy I would have been quite content not to cross the doorstep on polling day. I really have nothing to particularly make me want to vote Labour given their recent track record. On the other hand, I was brought up in Thatcherite Scotland, so I can never in this lifetime imagine voting Tory. Voting for LibDem who seem to always come third in a first past the post system, well, that always seemed a wasted vote.
Now I have to make up my mind because today I got a leaflet through the letterbox from the BNP. So now I have to vote if for not other reason than the vote against them.
Oh, in case you wonder what I did with their nice glossy leaflet, I burned it, but just the fact that it was in my house is still making my skin crawl.